How to Create a Professional Mac Email Signature in 2minutes
Are you aware that a bad email signature is responsible for 84% of the content of your spam folder? Only those email signatures with proper coding and make will be able to reach your main inbox.
In the first month of the launch of OS X EL Capitan, 45% of Mac users have upgraded to 10.11. With this upgrade in technology, there has been little alterations regarding mail. However, HTML email signature has undergone a few though minimal changes when compared to the El Capitan.
It would be a waste though if we do not take advantage of having a personalized email signature. The proper guidelines could mean the difference between a competent advertising strategy and a spam mail.
Steps to Create a Mac Email Signature
- Firstly, if your Mac computer is a recent purchase, you should get the email This is easy enough if you start with opening a new account from the Systems Menu.
From now on, you can launch your Apple mail from the dock.
- Following this, the next step in creating an email signature on Mac is to select Preferences in the menu. Near the top of this window, you will find the Signature tab.
Select this one next. In this tab, press on the + icon. This is located at the bottom in the 2nd column. This will start up a new signature.
You can give use any content for this step. However, you might consider giving it a proper name in the middle column. We will exchange these two later on.
- By now, you must have already decided the email id to which you are adding a signature. You need to select this account on the first column.
Now you should notice the ‘Choose Signature Drop-down menu at the lower end of the screen. Choose your Placeholder signature.
The last procedure of this step includes dragging it into the selected email ID.
- Now finally, you are allowed to design your email signature. You will notice the text-field on the right end of your screen. Here is where you put in the written details. Keep this part simple. There is no need to add a truckload of quotes to supplement your advertisement.
Having an email signature designed sparsely with just the necessary information sets an impression of practicality on your target buyers. This may include your name, phone number, email, website, and more.
However, to do this, you need to go to Preferences and choose Composing. For the Message Format, we would recommend you to go with ‘Rich Text’. You can add the Logo that you want. This usually is the Company logo.
But you can choose something else as well. For this, you will need to manually drag the chosen image into your signature.
- Now you will need to check the setting for the viewing. Check the Load Remote content in messages first. This needs to be done perfectly.
The next step is a bit more difficult and for it to wor,k you will need to close the email app and finish off at this end.
- This is where things get tricky. You need to input an HTML page in your chosen text editor.
Right click on your final version of the HTML email signature. You can also press down on the Control key. This will reveal a pop-up menu. Select the ‘Ópen with’ and choose the TextEdit app.
With the file now open, you will be able to read the code. Select and copy the entire HTML coding. Finish this step by closing the file.
To do this, you need to click on the red dot you will notice at the upper corner of the right end of the screen.
In case, you cannot open the code and are stuck at the design, here is what you have to follow. From the menu, select TextEdit. From there go to Preferences and finally, Open and Save.
Here you should click on the Display HTML Files as HTML Code, in place of the text.
- Now we have to find the folder that holds the Placeholder Signature. As easy as it sounds, Finder will not help you locate the email Signature.
Doing so, you will only end up in your very visible iCloudDrive and meet a dead end. Firstly, we check if we are using an iCloudDrive or not.
This should be the scenario in most cases. Even if you assume otherwise, due to your email address, do check once.
In some cases, you have to go to Utilities from Applications in the TerminalApp. Paste ~/Library/Mail/V3/MailData/Signatures/ in the box followed by enter.
If you are using iCloudDrive, paste, 1s –laht~/library/Mobile\Documents/com~apple~mail/Data/V3/MailData/Signatures/
This lists the directory files along with the information for you. You will notice the files and the metadata. Check out the names.
Anything the ends with .mailsignature and begins with ubiquitous_ may be relevant. You should find the placeholder file among these. Keep this open but shut down the rest of the TextEdit screens.
There will be metadata lines along with some code. Replace the code with your own while keeping the metadata files.
- After you are done, for the final step, reopen the Apple Mail. Go to Signature through Preferences. The preview may not show the images.
But if you have put in a valid source, it will display in the signature.
The Bottom Line
For a clean image, it is important to have a well-prepared email signature. A bulky one will take up too much space.
The signature itself occupies 15% of the mail. In that case, many will not have the patience to go through the entire autobiography.
Keep it so that a person would be able to take it in a glance. Make sure that you reference some social networking sites. This offers credibility to your signature.
Moreover, a clumsy one will not be able to be accessed from the phone. This might be a drawback for you because more than 40% of the email sent is opened via phones nowadays.
Make it so that both the text and the image along with the entire signature are very professional.